Bargin Books, Games, Music, Movies & More

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

On My Mind

I have to learn to speak my mind
To say what I really want
Without fear of rejection
Without fear of the unknown
I have to learn to say what I mean
To get my point across
Clear as crystal
So you know what's on my mind
I have to learn to take good with bad
And that some things won't go my way
My mind just has to deal with that
And it will get easier every day
I have to learn to give in a little
That at times we're going to yell
There will be times I cry
And this is just part of life
What's on my mind tonight?
A lot of things
Am I not good enough?
Am I worth the air I breathe?
Am I worthy of being your girl?
Or am I better off alone
Dying slowing as the shadows
Pull me into the unknown
I have to learn to say
What's on my mind
Even if it's not something you want to hear
I just have to say it
I like it when you call me at night
It makes me feel safe
You scare me when you yell
Causing me to cry and shake
I like it when you hold me in your arms
Your hands running through my hair
Your lips on my ear
As you whisper
"What's on your mind?"

No comments:

Post a Comment